Plate of rice, biriyani, kottu up by Rs10
Prices of rice, fried rice, biriyani and kottu had been increased by Rs. 10 with immediate effect following the recent VAT increase, Chairman of the All-Island Canteen Owners’ Association, Asela Sampath told The Island yesterday.
He said that the VAT increase from 11 percent to 15 percent had compelled eatery owners jack up prices as there was no other way of recovering the loss.
He said the prices of all bakery products except that of bread had been increased.
(Source: The Island – By Pradeep Samarakoon)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023