PM confident in securing GSP+ facility for Sri Lanka
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremasinghe has said that the international has endorsed that Sri Lanka is a country in which democracy is in force.
The Prime Minister made this reference joining a gathering of Trade Union representatives at Sirikotha, the United National Party Headquarters.
The Prime Minister said they have one objective and it has been fulfilled. The world has accepted that democracy is being enthroned in the country with the victory of President Maithripala Sirisena and the Parliamentary elections. The people’s sovereignty has been strengthened and a domestic mechanism crafted.
The Prime Minister said that Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera will write to the European Union and make a request to secure the GSP Plus facility for Sri Lanka.
As the country will be getting this facility, the Prime Minister pointed out that it would be possible to launch the programme of providing one million jobs.
(Government News Portal)
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023