PM denies announcing his Presidential candidacy
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has denied media reports claiming he has announced his candidacy for the forthcoming Presidential election.
A Spokesman for the Office of the Prime Minister said the Prime Minister has accordingly denied reports claiming that he has declared himself as the UNP’s Presidential candidate.
The Spokesman however said, the Premier had stated that he will announce his intentions to the UNP Working Committee, adding the party Working Committee will then reach a final decision on the matter.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Railway trade unions in Sri Lanka announce 24-hour token strike over salary cuts March 5, 2024
- Basil Rajapaksa returns to Sri Lanka March 5, 2024
- Sri Lanka President says 42 new laws enacted for economic transformation, 62 laws due for enactment March 5, 2024
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from March 05, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Electricity tariff to be reduced by 21.9% from midnight today March 4, 2024