PM off to Singapore, President to Tajikistan
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe left for Singapore yesterday on a three-day visit. He is scheduled to return on Friday.
President Maithripala Sirisena is scheduled to leave for Tajikistan on an official visit. He will attend the 19th summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) — touted as Asian NATO, beginning Thursday in the Kyrgyz capital of Bishkek.
Among others, the leaders of member states attending the two-day summit include Chinese President Xi Jinping, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Pakistani counterpart Imran Khan. Sri Lanka is not a member state of the SCO but has been granted dialogue partner status. Pakistan, too, is not a full member of the SCO but has been recognised as an Observer partner.
(Source: The Island)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Sell more land for foreigners and enjoy going round world.
The person who went to Tajikistan is likely to be chasing a deal for purchasing outdated Russian Aircraft for the Air Force; after all, he is Defence Minster which receives the biggest chunk of money in the Budget. Also, he is likely to meet with MR’s cousinn Weeratunge who is big operative in Russia.
The person who went to Singapore, he, of course, was meeting with Bondy Mahendran in Little India for a Thosai Clout and dollars for the election campaign and also visited a Great Leader undergoing cardiac surgery at the Mount Elisabeth Hospital in Singapore.