PM Ranil Wickremesinghe to meet PM Modi today
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe will meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi Wednesday and discuss several issues of mutual interest.
Wickremesinghe, who arrived in the national capital Tuesday on a three-day visit will also call on President Pranab Mukherjee.
Wickramasinghe’s visit assumes significance as Sri Lanka was one of the four SAARC member-states which sided with India in pulling out of the SAARC summit, scheduled in Islamabad on November 9-10, following the terror attack on an army base in Uri on September 18 by Pakistan-based terrorists.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and some other diplomats will also meet the visiting dignitary. The Sri Lankan Prime Minister will address the opening plenary of the India Economic Summit in New Delhi Thursday.
World Economic Forum is hosting the annual summit which is expected to be attended by various business and political leaders including top policymakers and CEOs.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023