PM ready to give evidence before bond probe commission
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe is ready to give evidence before the presidential commission of Inquiry probing the Treasury bond scandal if the commission wants him to do so, according to a statement issued by the Prime Minister’s office yesterday.
The Prime Minister’s office says people voted for the yahapalana government to restore democracy and bring about good governance. When there are allegations against the government or state officials, the government acts promptly to have them probed and it will continue to do, the PM’s office says in the statement.
(Source: The Island)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023