PM wants his son in Parliament
Prime Minister, D.M. Jayaratne, who is currently on medical leave, has requested President Mahinda Rajapaksa to appoint his son, Anuradha Jayaratne, for Parliament in his place, sources said.
The government is now considering the appointment of Anuradha Jayaratne through the National List, sources confirmed.
According to reliable sources, the Prime Minister made the request when President Rajapaksa visited him at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in the US recently. The President has reportedly responded positively to the request.
At present, Anuradha Jayaratne is functioning as the Private Secretary to his father, the Prime Minister.
Ceylon Today Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023