Politicians ruin careers due to influence of spouses – MR
Posted in Local News
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa has stressed that most local politicians tend to ruin their political careers due to the unwelcome influence wielded by their spouses.
He stated that at a time when a discourse is taking place here concerning the plight of womenfolk, it was apt to see a book being published on the late First Lady Elina Jayewardene.
He was speaking at an event held in Colombo yesterday (30), regarding the publication of a book on Elina Jayewardene by Sagarika Dissanayake and another written on former President J.R. Jayewardene by Pradeep Jayewardene.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By J.T. de Silva)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Late Elina Jayawardane influenced JRJ to identify RP as his successor.
This influence, not only ruined the leagay of JRJ, but ruined the entire nation.
Hope the new Leader of the UNP, Ruwan W, does not make the same mistake as JRJ by recalling SP to the UNP.