Politicians should not try to silence media – Sajith
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa said that self-censorship of the media should be exercised by the media alone and that no Government or politician should try to silence the media.
The Leader of the Opposition also said that a dictatorship would be created in the society if there was no freedom of the media, no matter who was in power. He was addressing the 59th Opposition Leader Mobile Service in Sooriyawewa. He further stated that it has become difficult to hide the fact that deforestation is taking place and a massive deforestation campaign is taking place in the country.
(Source: Daily News – By Pahan Wijesekera)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024
- India to push rupee investments in Sri Lanka February 27, 2024