Politicians should not try to silence media – Sajith
Posted in Local News
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa said that self-censorship of the media should be exercised by the media alone and that no Government or politician should try to silence the media.
The Leader of the Opposition also said that a dictatorship would be created in the society if there was no freedom of the media, no matter who was in power. He was addressing the 59th Opposition Leader Mobile Service in Sooriyawewa. He further stated that it has become difficult to hide the fact that deforestation is taking place and a massive deforestation campaign is taking place in the country.
(Source: Daily News – By Pahan Wijesekera)
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka to process online applications for passports from June 15 June 7, 2023
- Sooriyawewa Pradeshiya Sabha secretary arrested for soliciting Rs.50,000 bribe June 7, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya and Bruno Divakara further remanded June 7, 2023
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
It is time you did positive and strong things to establish your position as an Opposition as defined in the Westminster System.
Wish you had a IQ.
Day by day, your approach lets us down.