Postal employees to report ‘sick’ from midnight today
Postal unions will launch a ‘sick note campaign’ from midnight today to draw the attention of the government to several unresolved issues.
The 24-hour protest will continue until Monday.
The unions staged a two-day strike last week due to what they termed “issues that had arisen due to Public Administration Circular No. 06/2006”.
The unions asserted that postal employees had been inconvenienced due to the recruitment procedure introduced by the circular.
(Source: The Island)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023