Postal trade unions 48-hr strike commenced at midnight
The postal trade unions have organized a 48-hour token strike, which commenced at 12.00 am today (13).
The strike is organized as a movement to express disapproval over the decision to utilize post office buildings for a tourist hotel project, and the failure to provide solutions for persisting administrative issues.
The Joint Postal Trade Unions Front declared that the strike would be carried on for a period 48 hours.
The Convener of the Joint Postal Trade Unions Front, Chintha Bandara stated that if proper solutions were not provided immediately, a continuous strike would be conducted from June 26 onward.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023