Racism via social media Culprits will be rounded up – Minister
The Government will take action against those who try to spread racism through Facebook and other social media channels, Minister of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development Mahinda Amaraweera said.
The Minister was speaking at a Poson celebration in Tangalle.
He added that, spreading racism is a well organized attempt to weaken the development of the country. However, the Government will take every step to prevent that from happening, he added.
“The President has given instructions to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) to take action against people who spread racism using social media. After the investigations, the authorities will take necessary legal actions against such people,” Amaraweera asserted.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Methmalie Dissanayake)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023