Power cut due to fuel shortages – Min. of Energy
Posted in Local News
The Ministry of Power and Energy addressed the frequent power cuts the country has been experiencing as of late.
According to the ministry, the supply of electricity simply could not keep up with the demand for it.
Officials from the ministry added that the power cut that occurred in many places island wide yesterday (26), was due to the 100MW energy generator in Ambilipitiya failing due to the lack of fuel.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023