President cancels musical shows, directs money for flood affected
President has instructed the Sports Minister Mahindananda Aluthgama to cancel two musical shows scheduled to be held in Kandy and Hambanthota, Director General President’s Media Bandula Jayasekara told Ada Derana a short while ago.
Jayasekara stated that the President had directed to money scheduled to be spent on the shows to be instead donated to provide relief for the flood affected.
Courtesy: Ada Derana – Pix by Reuters
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023