President directs imposition of 100% levy on big onion imports
President Maithripala Sirisena directed to the Finance Ministry to impose 100% levy on imported big onions.
The President gave this directive, paying attention to the problems faced by local big onion farmers when selling their crops.
Accordingly the tax imposed on imported big onions will be increased to 100%.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023