President donates Rs. one million to Sergeant interdicted over Thebuwana incident
Police Sergeant Sanath Gunawardena who was temporarily suspended following his unruly manner over the releasing of a lorry transporting sand by the Thebuwana OIC on October 3 , met with President Maithripala Sirisena at the Presidential Secretariat, today (16).
Considering the financial difficulties faced by him due to the temporarily suspension of his service as well as the assistance should be given for the education of his children, President Sirisena donated Rs. one million to the Police Sergeant Sanath Gunawardena.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023