President makes a sudden visit to National Hospital
Posted in Local News
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has made a sudden visit to the National Hospital in Colombo a short while ago.
The President visited the wards and also talked to the patients.
He inspected the activities of the hospital and held a discussion with the doctors and staffs.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Good for you Prez! Instead of just resting your butt in an air-conditioned luxury office, it is truly heartening to see the leader of the nation making surprise visits to vital national institutions to see for himself what the nation’s public has to face day-in-day-out. This was a hallmark of highly successful and populist leaders like Lee Kuan Yew and that mentality that he drilled into public service officials was one contributory factor for Singapore’s rise to economic prosperity. With Sri Lanka, where there is a colossal amount of corruption, waste, incompetence, lethargy/laziness, etc. in the public sector, this is a must and once again Kudos Prez!