President opens Upper Kotmale Tunnel
President Mahinda Rajapaksa opened the Upper Kotmale tunnel which is considered the longest tunnel in the country a short while ago. The tunnel which is 12.9 Km in length and has a diameter of 5.2 metres is to carry water from the Kotmale stream to the power station.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023