President Rajapaksa Arrives in Kampala – Ugandan
President Mahinda Rajapaksa arrived in Kampala, Uganda, this afternoon on his four-day official visit to the East-Central African country.
President Rajapaksa was received by the Ugandan State Minister for Foreign Affairs (Regional Affairs) Mr. Asuman Kiyingi at Entebbe International Airport.
Sri Lankan Consul General in Uganda Mr. Vellupillai Kanthan and Ugandan Consul General in Sri Lanka Ms. Nimisha Madhvani were also present at the Airport.
This is President Rajapaksa’s second official visit to Uganda. The last visit was to attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in 2007. Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni visited Sri Lanka last November.
During the visit, President Rajapaksa will hold bilateral talks with President Museveni and attend the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Local Government Conference 2013. Also during the tour, President Rajapaksa will visit the Masulita Vocational Training Center and the Sugar Corporation of Uganda.
Minister of External Affairs Prof. G.L. Peiris, Monitoring MP for Ministry of External Affairs Sajin de Vaas Gunawardena, Secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunga are among the Sri Lankan officials, along with a business delegation, accompanying the President on his second official visit to the country.
(Courtesy: Government News Portal)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023