President Rajapaksa visits Sri Dalada Maligawa with Kandy district UPFA candidates
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma – (Pix by: Chandana Perera)
President Mahinda Rajapaksa paid homage to Sri Dalada Maligawa, the most sacred Temple of the Tooth during his visit to Kandy this morning on 19th March. Venerable Maha Sangha invoked blessings on President Rajapaksa after he engaged in religious observances at the Sri Dalada Maligawa.
After participating in the traditional morning rituals, the President enjoyed pleasantly with the devotees and foreign tourists who were present outside the Maligawa premises.
President Rajapaksa also visited the Chief Incumbent of Asgiriya Chapter Most Ven Agga Maha Panditha Udugama Sri Buddha Rakkitha Maha Nayaka Thero and made an offering ‘a Buddha statue’ to mark the Ven Thero’s 80th birthday. Later he visited Malwatta Maha Viharaya and presented the Atapirikara to the Ven Niyangoda Vijithasiri Anunayaka Thero of the Malwatta Chapter.
All the UPFA Kandy district candidates and Governor of the Central Province Tikiri Kobbekaduwa also participated the religious ceremony.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023