President Ranil discusses future political agenda with Basil Rajapaksa – sources
A meeting focusing on future political agendas is believed to have taken place between President Ranil Wickremesinghe and the National Organiser of the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) Basil Rajapaksa, as per political sources.
The duo are believed to have discussed several matters of concern, including the country’s political agenda for the future, the upcoming budget, and providing of relief, for nearly one hour, political sources claimed.
The two parties had not met since of late, after President Wickrmesinghe reportedly did not respond fairly to a request made, seeking ministerial portfolios for a group of SLPP MPs.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023