President signs death penalty for four drug dealers
President Maithripala Sirisena says that he has already signed the order to impose the death penalty for prisoners convicted for drug dealing.
“I have already signed the papers and they will be carried out soon,” the President told media heads at a meeting this morning.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023