Whoever wins presidency should abolish 19th Amendment – President
President Maithripala Sirisena said that whoever comes to power at the next Presidential poll should abolish the 19th Amendment to the Constitution to create stability in the country.
Addressing the heads of media institutions at the Presidential Secretariat today (26), the President has emphasized that the 19th Amendment has created two leaders in Sri Lanka.
“The 19 amendment is a curse and whoever comes to power at the next Presidential poll should abolish it, if he loves the country, the President told media head.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023