President suspends vehicle purchase for ministers and MPs in light of crisis
President Maithripala Sirisena has taken the necessary measures to suspend the purchase of vehicles for all ministers and MPs until the end of the year, government sources revealed.
The decision was reportedly made at the cabinet meeting held today (30), owing to the crisis situation in the island.
A supplementary allocation of Rs 330 million was tabled in Parliament to purchase vehicles for 6 Ministers, a Governor and an official on May 05.
(Ada Derana – By Ayshwarya Yapa)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023