President to be consulted before final decision on Wijeyadasa
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has stated that a decision would be taken with regard to Minister Wijeyadasa Rajapakse after discussing the matter with President Maithripala Sirisena.
The United National Party’s parliamentary group which had convened at Temple Trees last evening has reportedly once again approved the resolution presented on August 17 with regard to a no-confidence motion against the minister.
Accordingly, an agreement had been reached on taking a decision with regard to his ministerial portfolio after discussing with the President.
Speaking on this, Deputy Minister Ranjan Ramanayake stated that the time period given for Wijeyadasa Rajapakse to resign had ended yesterday (21).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023