President visits the village to resolve issues – Palm tree cultivation stopped
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has directed authorities to immediately stop Palm tree cultivations.
President Rajapaksa was participating in the Galle District Development Coordination Committee held at Udugama Rajagirilen Temple today.
In addition, the President advised officials to take action in developing the current rubber production since it is not sufficient enough to meet local demand.
At the same time, the president has stated that it is necessary to take measures to prepare the background to teach English, Math and science subjects.
He has advised taking steps to solve the shortage of teachers in the district.
The president stated that the contractors who do not complete their projects properly should be replaced.
A series of coordinating committees will be established to address the issues pertaining to rural areas in the country.
The program was inaugurated today with the Galle District Coordinating Committee.
The president chose Homadola in Udugama which is one of the impoverished areas in the district.
(Source: Hiru News)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023