President’s brother injured in attack
Posted in Local News
Priyantha Sirisena, a brother of President Maithripala Sirisena, has been admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Polonnaruwa Hospital following an alleged attack, hospital sources said.
He was rushed to the hospital reportedly after being seriously injured in an axe attack. It was reported that Mr. Sirisena had been attacked near a garage in the area at around 7. 00 p.m.
Priyantha, who is also known as “Weli Raju,” is a businessman engaged in sand mining.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
To be attacked witha a axe by a friend and being the brother of the president, I am sure the people would like to know the real reason.