President’s Media Division: Extremist group behind Mirihana unrest
An extremist group was behind yesterday’s unrest near President Gotabaya Rajapaksa’s residence in Mirihana, the Presidential Media Division (PMD) said.
It has been revealed that a group of organized extremists were protesting near the Jubilee Post in Nugegoda, suddenly became riotous and turned violent, the PMD said in a statement.
Many of those involved in the incident have been arrested and many have been found to have been organized extremists, they said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023