Price of bread and wheat flour to be reduced
The Bakery Owners’ Association has decided to reduce the price of a loaf of bread weighing 450 grams by Rs. 10 with effect from today (March 08).
Meanwhile, the prices of wheat flour sold by Serendib Flour Mills and Prima Flour Mills will be reduced by Rs. 15 per kilogram with effect from midnight today (March 08).
The reduction in the prices of wheat flour has reportedly been attributed to the recent appreciation of the Sri Lankan Rupee against the US Dollar.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023