Police fire Tear gas and water cannons to disperse protesters near Colombo University
Police used water cannons and tear gas to disperse student activists attached to the Colombo university who were protesting on Reid Avenue near the University of Colombo a short while ago.
Abolishing the ‘Ranil-Rajapaksa’ government and the Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA), holding the elections without delay, and scrapping the latest tax revision were among the many demands of the IUSF protesters.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023