LP gas price to go up, milk powder to go down
The Cabinet had today endorsed a gas price hike of Rs.190 for a 12.5 kg cylinder of gas.
Development Strategies and International Trade Minister Malik Samarawickrama presented the Cabinet memorandum seeking approval for the price hike. However, the gas suppliers had sought a price hike of Rs. 325.
At the same time, the committee has also recommended to reduce the prices of milk powered by Rs 25 per kilogram.
The effective date for the price hike will be announced later.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023