Price of LP Gas will not be increased – Amaraweera
The members of the committee which was appointed to investigate the price of Liquid Petroleum Gas (LP Gas) today decided not to increase the domestic gas prices, Environment Minister Mahinda Amaraweera said.
The decision was taken following a meeting with the heads of the two gas giants at the Ministry.
Litro Gas Lanka Ltd. and Laugfs Gas PLC had requested the Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) on several occasions during the past months to allow an increase in the prices of LP Gas citing financial crises due to rising gas prices in the world market.
During a meeting with the Cabinet Sub-Committee last week, Litro Gas Lanka Ltd. had reportedly proposed to move up the price of a domestic gas cylinder by Rs. 600 while Laugfs Gas PLC called for a price hike by Rs. 700.
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
Ministers should learn to do their jobs; not other people’s jobs.
This person has the world’s greatest environmental disaster in his hands caused by the burning ship being pulled away while burning.
It can take more than 50 years to recover and the Minister is talking gas price.
What a shame.