Price of wheat flour and loaf of bread increased
The Bakery Owners’ Association has decided to increase the price of a loaf of bread by Rs 2.00 with effect from midnight today (06).
This is in line with the price hike announced by the Prima Ceylon (Private) Limited in wheat flour. The price of 1kg of wheat flour produced by the company was increased by Rs 5.50.
However, the Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) stressed that legal action would be sought against Prima’s move to increase the wheat flour price without its approval.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023