Sri Lanka’s Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa says he has no plans to resign
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa has said he has NO plans to resign & that the President has NOT asked him to step down.
This was confirmed by the Media Secretary to the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka.
Earlier it was reported Sri Lanka’s President Gotabaya Rajapaksa, in a special meeting with the Prime Minister and cabinet of ministers this evening (May 06), requested Mahinda Rajapaksa to step down from the premiership as a solution to solve the ongoing political crisis in the country.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023