Prison raids yield more than 1,000 phones
Posted in Local News
More than 1,000 mobile phones, 1,310 batteries and 688 SIM cards were seized from inmates during search operations at several prisons yesterday, a senior prisons official said.
The biggest haul was from the Negombo prison where the officers and jailers found 277 phones, 132 SIM cards and 286 batteries.
At the Welikada remand prison, 203 phones and 144 SIM cards were recovered, while 199 phones and 144 SIM cards were found at the Welikada Prison. At the Magazine prison, 133 phones and 108 SIM cards were found.
(Source: The Sunday Times)
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
Not to worry,
They will get new models of iPhone and Samsung, shortly.
The older models were not good enough for fast response to social media.