Private bank in Seeduwa robbed
An unidentified gunman robbed a private bank in Seeduwa town this morning.
The perpetrator was wearing a full face helmet and carrying an object resembling a pistol, according to police. The robbery had taken place at around 9.05 am.
Police said the suspect had fled the scene in his motorbike.
The value of the stolen money has not been estimated yet and Seeduwa police is conducting further investigations to identify the suspect.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023