PROBE INTO CLASH BETWEEN TWO CANDIDATES OF UPFA FROM KELANIYA
The police has launched an investigation into a clash between two candidates of the United People’s Freedom Alliance who contested at the local government election from Kelaniya.
Police media spokesperson SP Prishantha Jayakody said that UPFA candidate Sarathchandra Dias had shot at the house of another UPFA candidate, Nadeeka Sampath.
He noted that the daughter of Nadeeka Sampath had sustained injuries as a result of the shooting that took place at 9.30 this morning.
He added that the child is currently receiving treatment at the Lady Ridgeway hospital.
“Investigations have been launched to apprehend the suspects involved in the incident,” said Prishantha.
Courtesy: News First
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023