Prof Peiris meets Foreign Minister of Singapore
The Minister of External Affairs, Prof.G.L.Peiris met K Shanmugam, Foreign Minister of Singapore on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly. At the meeting with his counterpart Minister Peiris discussed technical cooperation and assistance to Sri Lanka . He also briefed the Foreign Minister of Singapore on the reconciliation process and the preparations for the UPR. Observing that Sri Lanka had recently hosted the Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference last month, Minister Peiris noted that it was a precursor to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting to be held in Colombo next year. The two Ministers discussed cooperation on the multilateral front.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023