Protest staged in Colombo against Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe
The members of Samagi Vanitha Balawegaya Led by former MP Hirunika Premachandra today (June 22) staged a protest against Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe in front of the Prime Minister’s private residence on 5th Lane, Flower Road, Colombo.
The demonstration later moved towards Thurstan College. Reportedly, special measures have also been taken to beef up the security in the area.
In the meantime, a group of anti-government protesters from the ‘Gota Go Gama’ has staged a protest blocking the Bank of Ceylon Road in Colombo Fort.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023