Public sector employees required to report for duty on all five days
Posted in Local News
A circular has been issued summoning all public sector employees to work all five days as before, with effect from today (August 24).
The Secretary to the Treasury Mahinda Siriwardana issued the circular with the directives to all heads of government institutions.
Accordingly, all employees of public corporations, statutory boards and government-owned institutions are expected to report to work.
Due to the shortage of fuel in the country, the number of government employees reporting to work was limited.
Accordingly, the Ministry issued a circular limiting the number of government employees reporting to work for a period of one month from July 24.
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023
Why only five days it should be all seven days to teach a lesson to this idling basterds.