Pujith and Hemasiri further remanded
Former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando and IGP Pujith Jayasundara, who were arrested by the CID at the Colombo National Hospital yesterday, were further remanded until July 9 by Colombo Chief Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne.
The former Defence Secretary and the Police Chief were summoned to appear before the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) yesterday, however, they were both admitted to hospital last morning.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023