Punishment transfer for the 23 police officers: PM
The 23 police officers, who raided the Casino at the Salaka building, were transferred on the basis that they were not carrying out their duties in a satisfactory manner and not on the basis of any influence, Prime Minister D. M. Jayaratne informed Parliament today.
Responding to a question asked by JVP MP Anura Kumara Dissanayake, the Prime Minister said their transfer was in no way connected to the raid on the casino because the decision to transfer them had been taken long before the raid.
He said the transfers were approved by the IGP on October 20, 2013 but effective from November 4, 2013.
The PM said the transfers would not be cancelled.
Referring to an allegation made by Mr. Dissanayake that a person named Hula was the one who was behind these transfers resulting from the raid, the PM said there was no trace of any such person.
He informed Parliament that the police had raided this Casino on four previous occasions.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023