Rajapaksa’s assertion is an insult to injury; Karunanidhi
Describing as “an insult to injury” Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s assertion that his country would not bow to outside pressure and withdraw the Army from the North, the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president M. Karunanidhi on Sunday said the Tamil Eelam Supporters Organisation (TESO)would soon organise a conference to discuss these issues and take a decision.
Recalling a report released by the US secretary of State Hillary Clinton that the major human rights problems were unlawful killings by security forces and government-allied paramilitary groups, often in predominantly Tamil areas, he said such reports further strengthened his argument in favour of a separate Tamil Eelam.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023