Gankanda surrenders to police
UNP Rantnapura District MP Dunesh Gankanda, who was wanted over an alleged assault incident, has surrendered to Kollupitiya police today.
A complaint had been lodged at the Kollupitiya Police station on Sunday (27) against the MP for allegedly assaulting a person at a night club and biting his nose while the victim was left hospitalised following the incident.
Gankanda had eluded the police, who had proceeded to search two of his residences in Colombo following the arrest order.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023