Rajarata Medical Faculty closed due to student unrest
The Medical Faculty of the Rajarata University has been closed until further notice due to student unrest, Vice Chancellor of the university Professor K.A. Nandasena said.
A court last Saturday (07) ordered all students within the premises of the Faculty of Medicine in Saliyapura to vacate the area before 4pm.
However, a group of medicine students last evening engaged in a protest, centered on several demands, in front of the Rajarata University. They had stated that the students’ struggle would continue against ‘unjust student suppression’ and until a unit is provided for clinical activities.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023