Ranil and GL in London
The Sri Lankan foreign minister and the leader of the opposition will both be in London next week to meet British political leaders.
Prof GL Peiris visits London to deliver the keynote address at a conference by International Institute on Strategic Studies (IISS) on “Sri Lanka Foreign Ministry Dialogue”.
He and Opposition Leader Ranil Wickramasinghe are both scheduled to meet British Foreign Secretary William Hague and ruling Conservative party leaders.
The Sri Lankan foreign minister will also meet British Defence Secretary Liam Fox and Commonwealth Secretary General Kamalesh Sharma during his stay in London.
The opposition leader is to update British leaders on the situation of imprisoned former military leader Sarath Fonseka, a UNP London branch spokesman said.
Following his visit to London the opposition leader is expected to brief EU leaders in Brussels and former peace talks facilitator Erik Solheim in Oslo.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023