Ranil calls for 5,000 COVID-19 tests per day
UNP leader Ranil Wickremesinghe said, in Kandy, on Sunday (12) that testing for Covid-19 had to be increased to at least 5,000 a day in view of the current situation in the country.
Speaking at a UNP meeting at the Kandy Municipal Council children’s library, the UNP. leader said that the government should have a discussion with the Election Commission on the August 05 general election, taking into consideration the present COVID 19 situation.
Wickremesinghe said that the government should seek advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO), but it should not take any advice from the Colombo office of the WHO.
Former Prime Minister Wickremesinghe said the government should tell the truth about the country’s economic and the current COVID-19 situation. The government had made false statements about both issues. The country’s biggest problem today was the COVID-19 pandemic.
(Source: The Island – By Cyril Wimalasurendre)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
This guy is not only senile buy mental as well. Bless him.
I fully disagree with the above comment
Ranil as usual is cluthing at straws I used to be aUNPer but not anymore.Heshould be punished for aiding and abetting with Arjun Mahendra and co. It would seem that Crime pays in our fair isle all the crooks of all hues are free!
I admire you as mature and valued commentator, but I am sad you have gone astray in this instance.
The Bond Scam is indeed reality. The crooks who committed this crime for 2010-2015 continued in their glory into 2016. The crooks who committed this crime continue to occupy chairs in the CBSL to this date.
Our Nation is excellent at barking at the wrong tree and will continue to do so.