Ranil meets MR- A coffee morning?
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma
(Pix by: Sudath Silva)
Opposition leader and the leader of the United National Party (UNP) Ranil Wickramasinghe called on President Mahinda Rajapaksa at Temple Trees this morning on 14 May, a Senior Spokesperson from the President’s Media Unit said.
Ministers Maithreepala Sirisena, Nimal Siripala de Silva, Susil Premajayanth, Basil Rajapaksa and Dallas Alahapperuma have joined the discussion representing the government. The United National Party was also represented by Tissa Attanayake, John Amaratunga, Joseph Michael Perera, Ravi Karunanayake and Lakshman Kiriella.
A reliable source stated that the special meeting was held on obtaining the oppositions’ representation for the Parliamentary Select Committee (PSC). It is also learnt that the discussion focused on the PSC on reconciliation and the implementation of some of the LLRC recommendations. At the meeting the Opposition leader has handed over the ‘UNP strategy’ a recommended formula to the government for the creation of a favourable political climate for the Tamil National Alliance (TNA) to join the proposed Parliamentary Select Committee, informed source further said.
Pictures are seen here two leaders, ministers and the UNP representatives in conversation at Temple Trees.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023