Ranil sure of GSP+ restoration
Posted in Local News
A United National Front (UNF) Government will ensure that Sri Lanka receives the GSP+ concession again, Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said yesterday.
He made this statement at Temple Trees after meeting local and foreign investors in the apparel sector. Wickremesinghe said, Sri Lanka will receive the GSP+ concession in the next year and asked the apparel sector decision makers whether they can increase the salaries of garment factory workers if the GSP+ concession is restored.
He also requested them to contribute more to the ETF fund. The investors have agreed to these proposals.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
he delivers what he promises that is Mr.Ranil