Ranjan Ramanayake arrested over obstruction of police duties
Former MP Ranjan Ramanayake has been arrested a shortwhile ago for obstructing the work of police officers.
A man who called himself a physiotherapist of former MP Ranjan Ramanayake was questioned by the police while attempting to enter the Madiwela MP’s residence in violation of curfew permit laws.
Former Parliamentarian Ranjan Ramanayaka, who objected and intervened during the incident was seem to be obstructing the police officers from carrying out their duties.
The man identified as Ranjan Ramanayake’s physiotherapist was arrested for using a curfew permit for transporting dry rations from Embilipitiya to Piliyandala, however, it has been reported that the vehicle had arrived from Embilipitiya to Piliyandala without any dry rations.
The suspect was arrested while attempting to travel from Piliyandala area to Madiwela MP’s residence.
He was questioned by the police when it was revealed that he had violated the curfew regulations.
Former Parliamentarian Ranjan Ramanayaka who was present at the occasion obstructed the police from carrying out their duties.
(Source: Hiru News)
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
This misfit is a DISGRACE to Sri Lanka, but more specifically to Sri Lanka’s ‘political establishment’ in the eyes of the International Community. Of course, then again, this so called International Community I am sure turns a blind eye to this mf’s disgraceful antics as after all he’s a darling of Ponil, who in turn is a darling of this International Community (yes, the same International Community that has been very gullible to swallow hook line and sinker of the Tamil Separatists’ so called grievances). Sajith, I hope you will not touch this mf with a 100 foot pole!